Monday, May 6, 2013

Living Out My Baptism Commitment in Montgomery, AL

 
This past weekend, a new church we attend baptized 10 people. From age 10-70's-these 10 people stood up for Christ, telling the world that they have chosen to follow Christ.
 
It took me back to my own baptism when I was a freshman in college. I got baptized in the Cahaba River at my university church, publically proclaiming being a follower of Christ. That was in 1979. 34 years later, sitting the service yesterday, I was reminded that each day, I must choose to live as a follower of Christ, I am recommitting myself today to what I did that  very cold day in October that I said to the world, "I choose Christ".
 
 

Wondering if the "baptism" that we have experienced has the same meaning as it once had for you..." proclaiming to the world that you are choosing to follow Christ, no matter what the price"? 

If we fully commit to living out our "baptism choice", we WILL make a difference wherever we live. Those 10 will make a difference today in an elementary school, a college campus, in families, in workplaces HERE in Montgomery. ..... Pray for them as they step out today and LIVE out their proclamation of II Cor. 5:17 "This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!" NLT 

Pray for YOURSELF, as I am doing today, to recommit to the choice you made years ago to publically proclaim yourself as a follower of Christ in every area of your life.
 
This song was writen and sung by a very dear friend, Kyle Matthews, who is a singer, songwriter. Listen to the very powerful words..


No comments:

Post a Comment