Thursday, May 6, 2010

Pro Life

from an article written by Wade Burleson (pastor Emmauel Baptist Church, Enid, OK)
"We Christians are "pro-life-that is-we believe in the sacredness of every human life. Our pro life arguments however, ring hollow when we remove churches from inner city neighborhoods where our presence could help those with poor quality of life; when we leave our states backlogged with tens of thousands of foster children on the rolls, forcing states to often give multiple foster children...;and when we do little or nothing for those lives that are trapped in hospitals and prisons... The blessings of a culture and community might soar more when God's people put more money, more focus and more energy into caring for the lives that are already here..."

I am proudly Pro Life. I though must clearly state that I am fully pro-life. What I see in scripture is that I must believe that ALL life is sacred to God....no matter what your actions have been. God longs for ALL people to know Him intimately and no person is less in His eyes than the other. Those who are already here are JUST AS IMPORTANT as those who are not yet born.

My prayer is that all my friends who call themselves Pro Life will take a stand for ALL LIFE. No one deserves death. Everyone deserves dignity and respect as everyone is God's creation. When we disrespect another human beings life...we are disrespecting the Creator of that life.



Just my thoughts today.

No comments:

Post a Comment